As a Digital Marketing Strategist, Sherman Hu works with health care practitioners (Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Registered Massage Therapists, Care Homes) to transform their web assets to work harder for them.
He specializes in transforming websites to perform better for his clients, improving engagement and conversions through videos and 360 virtual tours, and enabling his clients to enjoy prominent visibility and conversions through local search and Google My Business Maps marketing.
I have a passion: To simplify and demystify new media so business owners can profit from it. I’ve evangelized this message through teaching in workshops, speaking at conferences, video broadcasts and custom services to small business owners and not-for-profit organizations – to embrace new media to build customer relationships, increase sales and maximize profits.
Here are highlights of my journey worth sharing with you:
- Born and raised in Singapore, been a Canadian since 1989 and now living in Vancouver.
- A husband in love and proud parent to 2 fabulous young adult children.
- My definition of success is – the love and respect of my family and closest friends.
- Love a great meal with good friends and lots of laughter – friends tell me they know I’m in the vicinity when they hear me laughing :-)
- In August 2009, I experienced an emergency flight coming home to Vancouver from Atlanta, proving to be my DEFINING MOMENT.
- Produced & hosted the “Half Hour Huddle”, a weekly web TV show (for an entire year) answering new media questions LIVE from hundreds of business owners.
- Passionate and energetic when presenting and simplifying technology to business owners, and have been complimented for my patience in coaching beginners with my step-by-step, ‘no-question-is-a-silly-question’ approach.
- Trained thousands of business owners to create their own blogs, podcasts, videos, social media & web marketing campaigns through my step-by-step tutorials, web TV show or workshops.
- Former Chief Blogging Instructor of WordPressTutorials.com (2006-early 2010), and coached thousands of business owners through training videos & web conferences on setting up, customizing, utilizing, marketing and profiting from WordPress blogs.
- Headhunted (2007-2010) to join the StomperNet.com Faculty as Blogging Instructor, creating curriculum and training thousands of business owners and entrepreneurs how to create thriving internet and eCommerce businesses.
- Promoted websites to #1 positions in competitive arenas like real estate, travel industries, healthcare etc.
- In 2007, I promoted a network of 20+ cosmetic dentistry websites to deliver traffic and new walk-in clients. The project was a success with a bottom-line result of $3+ million dollars in lifetime value for the owners.
- In 2004, I partnered in an online Christmas Tree (Artificial Fibre-Optic Pre-Lit) sales venture. Accomplished #1 positions in natural search for top search terms and sold 6000 trees in 2 months, resulting in a multi-million dollar revenue season. That was amazing, as I didn’t realize folks would buy Christmas trees online!
If you’d like to connect to discuss your marketing plans for your business or organization, contact me here.
Here are the top 10 reasons why clients choose to work with me:
#1. Experienced (Full-time since 2002)
Specializing in Search engine optimization (SEO) since 2002, I have 18 years of full-time experience serving clients to help them dominate their competition and crush it on Google for their businesses.
While others are working with practitioners new to the game or executing SEO part-time, you’re working with a professional who’s invested 18+ years into his craft and hones his craft full-time.
#2. Qualified (Award-Winning SEO & Google Trusted)
As an award-winning Search engine optimization specialist and Google Street View Trusted Photographer producing virtual tours for businesses, I’m consistently helping my clients with bleeding-edge strategies to outsmart their competition in the Google universe.
While other practitioners are using tired old strategies that don’t work today, you’re working with a specialist who knows what works and what strategies will work for you.
#3. Results (Visibility, Traffic, Calls, Bookings, Sales)
Being experienced and qualified doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t translate to results for you. A critical aspect to achieving results is “following the money trail” with how Google is investing millions towards their global domination.
Once you know Google’s motivation to being the king of voice search (“Google, where’s the closest Greek restaurant?”) and needing us to help them connect the dots for them (entities like people + places + things), and what that means for your brand being regarded as a trusted entity in Google’s eyes, then we’re on the right path towards getting results for you.
Once we give Google what they want, it’ll give you what you want in visibility, traffic, calls, bookings, visits, leads and sales.
#4. Communicative (Regular Updates & Method)
My clients love that I communicate with them with the method (SMS, email, call, video) and frequency (weekly, bi-monthly, monthly) that works best for them.
While others have challenges communicating with their practitioners chasing them down wondering what’s going with their search campaign, you will have the peace of mind being regularly updated with your preferred method of communication.
#5. Free Agent (No Agency Bloat & Overhead)
I’m elbow deep executing strategies and techniques for my clients to help them crush it. My clients appreciate working with the head guy and not an agency rep.
This means they’re talking to the specialist who’s working on the technical aspects of their campaign, and not an account manager who’s just the face/voice of the company.
This also means my clients aren’t paying for agency bloat or overhead, knowing all their budget is focused towards their campaign.
#6. League of Extraordinary SEO Superheroes
No successful person ever gets to the top on their own. We stand on the shoulders of giants, or superheroes.
I’m an active card-carrying member of an elite league of extraordinary SEOs that meet twice a month to discuss secret strategies and share cutting-edge digital marketing methods unique to our industry. This allows me to keep my clients ahead of the pack and get results that no one else can.
#7. Native English Speaker & Writer ("I failed Mandarin!")
My clients appreciate speaking with and writing to a specialist that can understand their desired outcomes, nuances and lingo in native English, without wondering if who they’re speaking to *really* gets what they’re trying to convey. This means less confusion or aggravation on their part, while saving time, energy and sanity.
Fun fact: I was born and raised in Singapore, aced English in school, and failed Mandarin. Yes, I’m Chinese and failed Mandarin. Hey, I see you laughing and judging me. That’s okay to laugh, I understand. So, I represent by looking Chinese very well :-)
#8. Specialist (But Not A One-Trick Pony)
Though I’ve specialized in Search Engine Optimization since 2002, I’m savvy with a variety of marketing channels like WordPress web design, video production and marketing, Google Street View virtual tour photography, Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords) management, content marketing, podcasting, email marketing, etc.
This means when we have brainstorming sessions on multi-channel marketing, I have the foresight to know how your unique situation can be leveraged by a variety of marketing channels, if required.
#9. Highly-Rated & Reviewed (70+ 5-Star Reviews)
In your search for a trusted Search engine optimization specialist, wouldn’t you want to work with and trust a professional who is dominating in Maps with loads of reviews, as a representation for what they can help you accomplish with yours?
#10. Great Guy. Happy Family Man.
This might sound strange as to why I’m adding this as a reason to work with me. Personally, I believe all areas of our life is inter-connected and intertwined. Compartmentalizing only goes so far.
I’ve found that if a person’s family life is in turmoil or out of balance, it negatively impacts their professional life so that their results and output suffers too.
As a happily married husband of 24 years, with 2 young adult children who still love hanging out with me #mybaddadjokesgameisstrong, I believe my healthy family life translates to a productive professional life, which in turn benefits you and your business.
I’m naturally curious (about people and how things work, like outsmarting your competition), love life and laughter, so many around me say I’m a great conversationalist and all round great guy – which means you’re working with someone pleasant and not a rude/toxic person.